Wednesday, August 09, 2006

First post of the new era

I've spent most of this Summer away from Texas. I was in France from the last week in May until the first week in June. After that I was in Albuquerque, New Mexico for the month of July. It's been nice. Texas is always unreasonably hot in the Summer, so it was nice to be in two places where the weather doesn't assault you as soon as you open the door to go to work in the morning.

I'm about to start my last year at UNT and finish up my Master's in Art History. I'm really excited. I'm starting the long process of applying to various Ph.D. programs. I'm not sure where Rhonda and I are gonna be in a year, but it will be my first time to live outside of Texas. This semester I will also begin writing my Master's thesis. I'm looking at Insular (British and Irish) medieval manuscripts, specifically 7th and 8th century gospel books. I'm also ging to be teacher assisting this semester along with working at Recycled Books on the weekends. As always I will be incredibly busy. The most difficult thing is making sure that I spend enough time with Rhonda. Sometimes it's easy to get wrapped up in the grad school whirlwind that I forget to do my job as a husband.

Speaking of, Rhonda and I pulled out our respective insturments last night (guitar=me and drums=Rhonda) and played. It was a lot of fun. Maybe this could turn into something...

We shall see.

1 comment:

James said...

Seems as if I've stumbled upon an event.