Sunday, September 10, 2006

Space is the Place

Ain't it Cool News has a piece on a really interestingly looking documentary called Future by Design about architect, designer, and scientist Jacques Fresco who designs Utopian cities that look like 1950s visions of the future.


This film looks amazing to me as I grew up looking at the work of artists like Don Davis, pictured above, who created a vision of the future so exciting to my 8-year-old brain, that I couldn't wait until the year 1995 when I could live in a space colony orbiting the planet. Needless to say I'm more than a little disappointed in the progress made in that area. I'm just happy to see that there are still people in the world like Mr. Fresco who still have that wide-eyed kind of vision about the future that fueled so much of my formative years.